We’ve teamed up with Hognuts Nut Butters to show you how you can indulge in your sweet-tooth the healthier way! It won’t break the bank either as all of these recipes can be produced for less than £10!
Take a look at these three protein-rich, low-sugar dessert recipes, which only use a handful of items and are super easy to whip up! Whether you fancy a healthy protein cookie, a chunky cookie dough bar, or a rich chocolate lava cake, you can get the recipes here – all of which you can make yourself for under £10 a batch!
Firstly, you’ll need to make sure you have your staple items in your kitchen ready and raring to go…
You only need small batches of the below ingredients per individual recipe, so it’s worthwhile checking you have them in but in their smallest proportions possible so you’re not wasting anything.
Once you have all of these items, you can get the most out of your money and re-use them over and over again in these three delicious healthy recipes. Talk about getting your money’s worth!
These are your staple items if you want to make loads of delicious protein desserts:
- Raw cocoa powder (£2.99/100g)
- Chocolate protein powder (£4.99/250g)
- Coconut flour (£3.99/500g)
- Unsweetened almond milk (£1.80/1l)
- Coconut sugar or sweetener (£2.42/250g)
- Couple of eggs (assuming you don’t already have some in the kitchen!)
Pistachio Cheesecake Protein Cookies
The majority of this recipe is Hognuts Cashew & Almond nut butter which is pistachio flavoured and tastes so nutty in the cookies. Other ingredients include agave syrup and puffed rice which give the protein cookies that extra bit of sweetness & texture you expect from a decadent cookie. The rest are items you should find knocking about your kitchen, so you only need around 4 or 5 items to buy in for the bake. Make a second batch and use up the other half of the nut butter tub with your leftover ingredients to get the most savings!
Ingredients (makes 10 cookies)
For the Cookies:
- 210g Hognuts Pistachio Cheesecake Nut Butter
This is around two thirds of the tub, which comes at a cost of £4.00
- 70g Agave Syrup
Crazy Jack Agave Syrup RRP is £2.50 for 250ml
- 45g Puffed Rice – You can buy puffed rice from a health food store for as little as £1.25 per 100g
Staple items you need for this recipe are:
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Raw Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 egg
For the Topping: 2 squares 85% Dark Chocolate
For the method on how to make these delicious nut butter protein cookies, take a look here.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bars
You’ll be surprised at just how few ingredients you need to make these deliciously protein rich cookie dough bars. They taste just like cookie dough straight from the bowl – the only difference being you can snaffle them on the go instead!
Ingredients (makes 6 bars)
- 1 tsp (4g) oil (preferably coconut oil)
– These usually retail for huge prices, but take a look in the World Foods aisle at your local big supermarket. We found coconut oil for £2.25/100ml
- 1 ½ tsp (6g) powdered stevia
– Buy these in sachets to save yourself wasting sweetener and cluttering your cupboards.
- 2 tbsp (28g) dark chocolate chips
– You don’t need to spend loads on chocolate chips, especially when you use so few.
Staple items you need for this recipe are:
- 6 tbsp (42g) coconut flour
- 3 tbsp (37g) sweetener
- 6 tbsp (30g) chocolate protein powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 9 tbsp (135mL) unsweetened almond milk, room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
Get the full recipe here
This may sound calorie-laden but it’s really not. The usual mounds of sugar and butter are switched out with delicious cashew & almond butter and unsweetened apple puree. The added chocolate protein powder gives this that extra protein punch, not to mention making it taste even more chocolatey!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 50g Hognuts Waffa Thin Mint cashew almond butter
– These come in big 250g tubs so you only need 1/5 th , around £1.25 per serving.
- 50g unsweetened apple puree
– Biona sell their organic apple puree for £1.49/350g so you only need 1/7 th of the jar
Staple items you need in this recipe are:
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 10g coconut sugar
- 50ml almond milk
- 30g raw cacao
- 20g coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
Get the full instructions on how to make this protein lava cake here.